Save the date for the CSM 2019 – August 24-25
It’s never too early to start training for the 42km, 21km, & 10km events!
CSM: Montebello Tour — August 25 and 26, 2018
An endurance challenge for scullers
Since 2005, the rowing section of the Ottawa New Edinburgh Club (ONEC) has organized an annual distance challenge using touring, coastal, and open water shells on the Ottawa River: the Canadian Sculling Marathon (CSM). Inspired by the world-renowned Canadian Ski Marathon, it stresses participation, fitness, endurance and fun!
A distance event under the banner of the Ontario Adventure Rowing Association, the CSM usually offers a choice of a full marathon (42 km) or a half marathon (21 km) with a circuit starting and finishing at the ONEC boathouse and taking in some of the capital’s most famous landmarks.
In 2018, exceptionally, the CSM circuit will be replaced by a two-day sanctioned tour from Ottawa to Montebello in touring and coastal shells, a distance of over 42 km, on August 25 and 26.
CSM: 10 km Open — Saturday, August 18, 2018
The 2018 CSM 10 km Challenge will be held on Saturday, August 18th at 8:00.
This is an Open event for ONEC members and guests. The event is free to members. Guests are asked to pay a $10 one-day membership fee.
This challenge is open to scullers of all levels and open to all shells. Come in a single, join up in a double or quad. The challenge is to row around Kettle Island in your best time.
Please arrive at 7:15 to register at the door and be on the water at 7:45. Join us in the ballroom afterwards for snacks and prizes. All participants will receive a pin. T-shirts will be for sale ($15 or $16).
CSM Results 2017
- Kevin Mahoney – 3:47
- Hanlan quad – Shawna Pereira, Joanna Kolakowska, Shelagh Baker, Kirsten Ryan, Liane Bell (ONEC) – 4:13
- ONEC quad – Alistair Hensler, Norma Strachan, Jane Wilson, Karin Germann, Susan Smith – 4:32
- Giusseppe Lund (Emden) – 1:49:05
- ONEC quad – Roxanne Deevey, Rosana Biondo (Mexico), John Schofield, Carl Shaver, Louise Binette – 1:49:15
- Hanlan quad – Geoffrey Church, Kenny Tsang, Tracy McKenzie, Mathieu Dubuc, Joan Robertson (ONEC) – 1:53:21
- Hanlan quad – Maureen Williams, Sarah Ward-Macks, Pete Pennefather, Petra U, Gillian Williamson (ONEC) – 2:04:36
- Bern Rochon – 2:11:42
- Hanlan double – Cynthia Ward, Idilko Jurina Cleary – 2:16:59
- Rob James – 2:31:50
- Durham double – Homam Michaels, Julie-Anne – 2:50:45
- Guissieppe Lund – 46:42
- Sherry Dolan & John Moore – 47:00
- Roxanne Deevy & Rosana Biondo – 49:32
- Christa Ramonat – 51:02
- John Spika – 56:40
- Carl Shaver – 59:38
- Odyssey Quad – Louise Binette, Meryl Oliver, Betty WardIsla Paterson, Bridgit Knecht – 59:52
- Odawa Quad – Mary Clark, Debbie Reinhart, Christine BloghHelena Proszanski, Tom Fottinger – 1:04:30
- Sheila Perry – 1:11:22
- Mark Feldstein – 1:20:42
The winner of this year’s Hensler cup goes to both Hanlan and ONEC. We wish to congratulate all crews who participated in this year’s events, and we look forward to seeing you at ONEC next year!
Canadian Sculling Marathon
Hensler Trophy ‘Endurance’
Celebrating those who rowed a full marathon (42 km)
|ONEC: S. Doire, A. Gagnon, K. Germann, A. Hensler, B. Knecht, K. Sogge, N. Strachan, T. van Walsum
HANLAN B.C.: E. Hall, J-C. Marly, B. Singleton, C. Warn
SUDBURY R.C.: E. Hamilton, F. Querny, Schlutz-Hostedde, D. Watson
INDEPENDENTS: T. Butscher, S. Coteau, F. Jodoin, J. Wilson
ORC: P. Burpee, C. Salter-MacDonald
|PETERBOROUGH RC: B. Cameron, J. Easton, N. Fischer, D. Martin, M. Strange, M. Wehtje
ONEC: L. Binette, A. Hensler, C. Scholfield, J. Schofield, S. Smith, N. Strachan
HANLAN B.C.: E. Hall, J-C Marly, B. Singleton, C. Warn
GEORGIAN BAY RC: B. Byrick, J. Diening
UPPER VALLEY: R. Cone, C. Reynolds
TORRENS RC: R. Dankbaar
INDEPENDENT: T. Butscher
|HANLAN B.C.: J-C Marly & E. Hall
INDEPENDENT: K. Mahoney
PETERBOROUGH RC: J. Easton
ONEC: A. MacDonald
|ONEC: N. Strachan, A. Hensler, K. Germann, S. Smith, J. Robertson
HANLAN B.C.: S. Pereira, J. Kolakowski, S. Baker, K. Ryan
INDEPENDENTS: K. Mahoney, J. Wilson