Canada 150 Row3Capitals Relay
The Row3Capitals Relay celebrates Canada’s 150th anniversary. It starts on June 15 in Toronto and ends in Ottawa on July 1, 2017.
The Relay consists of 4 back-to-back tours, two of which are organized by ONEC (Kingston – Ottawa). Reserve your seat by April 15. For information and registration forms, click here.
ONEC tours and group rows
Whether you’re a novice or experienced rower, group rowing is a great way to improve rowing skills, increase physical activity and have a fun social experience. Be sure to take a look at the tours and group rows listed below or view them on the ONEC touring card, click here.
Un bon nombre des responsables de nos excursions sont bilingues. N’hésitez pas à communiquer avec eux et à participer aux randonnées en français
Find out more firsthand! Join us at the Boathouse for
|June 3||Try it day – a chance to give rowing a go, see if you like it! Register at https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/2017-get-out-on-the-water-ottawa-tickets-31397809694|
|June 3 – 4||Doors Open Ottawa (10 am to 4 pm), a member of the touring committee will be on hand to answer questions.|
Reserve a spot now. Here’s how!
Many of these group rows and tours are rowed in quads, which are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. Meetup, a quick and easy social networking platform is used to announce the tours and rows. RSVP on Meetup to join these events OR email email@example.com.
You can visit the OAR website http://adventurerowing.ca/ for more tour or OAR information.
ONEC tours and group rows
Thursday evening group / quad rows
June 8 to September 9
- 1 to 1-1/2 hours in coxed quad, or other boat(s), on the Ottawa River
- Leaves ONEC boathouse at 7 pm in June and July, 6:30 pm in August and September
- BBQ and pub night afterwards on upper deck of boathouse
- To reserve a seat in the quad, RSVP on Meetup or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Novices and “Step 2” graduates welcome
Friday morning group rows
July 7 to August 25
- Leaves ONEC boathouse at 8:30 am
- Contact email@example.com
- Note: pre-requisite: ONEC Learn To Scull (LTS) course
Weekend morning quad rows + breakfast (optional)
June 4 to September 9
- 1 to 3 hour row in a coxed quad on Ottawa and Gatineau rivers
- Sundays in June and August, and Saturdays in July and September
- Leaves ONEC boathouse at 7:30 am in June, July and August, at 8 am in September
- LTS graduates and novice rowers welcome
- Reserve your spot! Book a seat in the quad, RSVP on Meetup or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Note: in July and August, join us for a fun and tasty post-row breakfast!
Day, overnight and special tours
|June 15 – July 1||Row3Capitals Relay (OAR tour)|
|August 21 – 23:||Algonquin Park tour (OAR tour)|
|August 24 – 25:||Ottawa River Rowing & Rafting (OAR tour)|
|August 26 – 27:||Canadian Sculling Marathon (ONEC)|
|September 16:||Long Sault tour (ONEC/OAR tour)|
|September 30:||Petrie Island Relay (ONEC)|
* See OAR website http://adventurerowing.ca/ for other OAR tours
ONEC is committed to providing a safe rowing experience and we encourage all our members to review our Rowing Safety page. The ONEC Touring Guidelines focuses on safety rules and responsibilities, and is intended for tour leaders, captains and crew members.