Canada 150 Row3Capitals Relay
The Row3Capitals Relay celebrates Canada’s 150th anniversary. It starts on June 15 in Toronto and ends in Ottawa on July 1, 2017.
The Relay consists of 4 back-to-back tours, two of which are organized by ONEC (Kingston – Ottawa). Reserve your seat by April 15. For information and registration forms, click here.
Download the 2016 Schedule of Tours and Group Rows, with their contacts, here.
Whether you’re a novice or an experienced rower, group rowing is a great way to learn and to have a fun social experience, so be sure to take a look at the scheduled group rows below.
ONEC’s exciting program of tours and group rows is organized by an experienced sub-committee of the Rowing Consultative Committee. For further information on the ONEC touring program or OAR tours, contact Mary Clark or the person listed for a specific event in the schedule.
Find out more firsthand!
Join us at the Boathouse for Welcome Scullers (May 14 at 4:30 pm) and Doors Open Ottawa (June 4 and 5, 10 am to 4 pm), when a member of the touring committee will be on hand to answer questions.
For safety reasons, a Hudson T-11 coxed quad (5 seats) and T-7 doubles are used for tours and most group rows. A second Wintech quad is also available for some tours and events.
Reserve a spot now. Here’s how!
As quad seats for all group rows and tours are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis, please email the relevant contact as soon as possible. Alternatively, you can RSVP for a tour or an ONEC group row on Meetup, a quick and easy social networking platform used to post these events. For OAR tours, a registration form must be completed (see individual tours below for links).
Thursday evening group/quad rows
June 2 to September 8
- 1 to 1-1/2 hour coxed row in T-11 on the Ottawa River, returning before nightfall
- Leave from ONEC boathouse at 7 pm in June and July, 6:30 pm in August and September
- BBQ and pub night afterwards on upper deck of boathouse
- To reserve a seat in the quad, RSVP on Meetup or email the contact in the schedule here.
- Novices and “Step 2” graduates welcome
Friday morning group rows
July 8 to August 26
- Group row leaving at 8:30 am from ONEC boathouse
- Average of 10 km tour (return)
- Contact Betty Ward and Meryl Oliver
- Note: pre-requisite: ONEC Learn To Scull (LTS) course
Weekend morning quad rows + Breakfast
June 5 to September 17
- 1 to 3 hour coxed row in T-11 on Ottawa and Gatineau rivers, from ONEC boathouse
- LTS graduates and novice rowers welcome
- One longer “Challenge” row each month for intermediate rowers
- Sundays in June and August and Saturdays in July and September
- Leave at 7:30 am in June, July and August, at 8 am in September
- Reserve your spot! Book a seat in the quad, RSVP on Meetup or email the contact in the schedule here.
- Note: in July and August, join us a fun and tasty post-row breakfast at the Rockcliffe Marina!
Day, overnight and special occasion tours
May 28: Tay Canal to Poonamalie Lock (OAR tour)
Our Spring tour leaves from Last Duel Park in picturesque Perth. We row to Beveridge Lockstation for lunch and then continue on the Rideau Canal to Lower Rideau Lake and Poonamalie Lock, west of Smith Falls. The tour distance is approximately 15 kms. To register, download the registration form here. Contact: Liane Bell.
June 18: Ottawa River at Lac du Rocher Fendu
We’ll explore upstream from Portage-du-Fort where the Ottawa River widens to Lac du Rocher Fendu, south of Grand Calumet Island. We launch from the beach at Wilderness Tours near Forester’s Falls, about 1½ hour’s drive from Ottawa. Our base will be a member’s cottage at Whitewater Village Resort. Contact: Mary Clark.
July 1: “O Canada” Row
Get in the patriotic spirit of Canada Day with a short tour to the Parliament Buildings and other national landmarks! We’ll launch at 7:30 am to avoid the holiday boat traffic. Contact: Marie Newton.
August 28: Canadian Sculling Marathon
Mark your calendar now for this highlight of the ONEC rowing season! This year, the 10K Open event will also be held on Sunday, at the same time as the Full and Half marathons. Click here for information.
August 29-Sept. 1: Rideau Canal 4-day tour (OAR tour)
Discover why the Rideau Canal is a World UNESCO site on this 4-day tour of its highlights. Our base for four nights is the historic Opinicon resort, a former fishing lodge which has been recently restored. Download registration information here. Contact: Richard Vincent.
September 3: Festival des montgolfières
Gain a whole new perspective and watch these spectacular hot air balloons lift off from the water! Launch from the boathouse dock at 7 am. Contact: Mary Clark.
Sept. 24: Mississippi Lake (OAR tour)
Enjoy a late-season day trip on beautiful Mississippi Lake, admiring the fall colours and beautiful vistas. This day tour leaves from a private beach on the outskirts of Carleton Place and includes a picnic lunch. Contact: Liane Bell.