The membership year runs from April 1 to March 31.
Early Registration and Special Offers!
Take advantage of ONEC’s Early season Membership rate (until Apr 30)! Register early for a discount on individual and/or family memberships. But that’s not all. For further discounts and incentives, see Membership Privileges and Benefits and Member Discounts (below)!
For current membership fees and online registration, visit this link: Online Registration.
You can also download a registration form in PDF format here.
- In order to finalize the membership process, all ONEC members must sign the “WAIVER” section of the registration form, in which they acknowledge their responsibilities as Club members.
- Membership fees are non-refundable.
- Transfers are subject to a 10% administrative fee.
ONEC offers single-sport memberships—tennis, rowing or sailing—as well as multi-sport memberships for two or all three of these sports.
- Adult—age 18 and over
- Student—full-time student age 16 and over with valid student ID (as of April 1)
- Family—1 or 2 adults and children under 18 at the same address
- Day Tennis—Weekdays until 4 pm, weekends after 4 pm, no add-on sports
- Social—Access to ONEC facilities, events and communications; no athletic privileges, no add-on sports
Note: Members aged 16 or 17 years must have a parent or guardian sign the waiver on their registration form. They may also be subject to specific restrictions for their sport. For details, see the ONEC tennis, sailing or rowing policies and rules.
Membership Privileges And Benefits
- Tennis membership includes access to Club facilities, including tennis courts/bar and change room. Tennis members are entitled to participate in club tournaments and round robins. More information on the Tennis Program can be found here.
- Sailing membership includes access to Club dinghies (after a learn-to-sail program or equivalent), use of a day locker (dinghy members) or permanent locker (keelboat members), dinghy sailing training and races, and off-shore mooring for one keelboat. Privately owned tenders may be kept at ONEC, subject to space availability. Two Club tenders are available to owners of moored sailboats. To find out more, click here.
- Rowing membership includes Rowing Canada/ROWONTARIO recreational or sports dues, use of a day locker, access to Club boats (after a learn-to-scull course or equivalent) and certain rowing programs. Rackage and winter boat storage is available for members on a ‘first paid/first served’ basis. More information on rowing at ONEC is available here.
- All members can enjoy refreshments during regular hours at the Tennis Pavilion, as well as weekly BBQ and Pub nights (normally on the Boathouse upper deck overlooking the Ottawa River, but at Tennis Pavilion in 2020 while Boathouse renovation underway).
- Members who are 18 years of age and over may vote at the annual and any other general meeting of the members, and hold office and act as an ONEC director.
- Members can bring guests up to three times each. See specific tennis, sailing and rowing rules for guests.
- ONEC is a member of the Ontario Tennis Association/Tennis Canada, Sail Canada, Ontario Sailing, Rowing Canada Aviron, ROWONTARIO and the Ontario Adventure Rowing Association.
- New members (not a member in 2019 or 2020) receive a $50* welcome voucher for food/drinks purchased at the Pavilion or Boathouse.
- Members receive a $50* discount on their membership fee for each new single member or family (not a member in 2019 or 2020) they recruit, up to a maximum of their membership fee (not applicable to new social memberships). The referral must be mentioned when the new member submits the registration form.
- *For new paddling memberships, the welcome voucher for new members is $20 (and the referring existing member also receives $20 voucher per new member recruited).
We respect the privacy of our members and participants. Personal information is collected for the purposes of communicating information on Club activities, membership, day camps, events, programs as well as health, safety and registration issues. Personal information collected is never sold. Our membership in national and provincial sport organizations may require us to share member information with these organizations. For example, rowing membership and participant information is shared with Rowing Canada and ROWONTARIO so that these organizations can ensure regatta eligibility and promote the sport. Similarly, sailing membership and participant information is shared with Sail Canada and Ontario Sailing.